Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What's Up Wednesday #4

Wow, I've updated this blog every week for a month. That's a serious record for me. :D

I love these pictures. :)

Anyway, I'm getting better and better at writing everyday. I like getting up early in the morning. My mind is fresh and the house is nice and quiet. This week I wrote a total of 4436 words. I'm almost at 40K total for this first draft. I've kind of set a goal of 70K, but I may go past that. I'm not really sure. Either way, I'm somewhere around the half way point of my story.

I'm getting into a good place with all this writing. At first it seemed like a chore. All I thought about was getting that minimum of 350 words so I could move on, but now I'm writing more everyday and I just don't want to stop. If I had my way I'd write all day long. Unfortunately, kids and chores and stuff get in the way of that.

I wrote a funny little piece of dialogue the other day that I thought I'd share. In this scene, my main character, Sonya, is talking to a scientist about how the general population would react to the knowledge of the existence of aliens.

Carter [says]..."Half think it would be beneficial to make friends with aliens, the other half think that all aliens would want with us is to harvest our brains, or other such nonsense.”

“Those people read too much science fiction,” Sonya laughed. 


 “My thoughts exactly.”

A little breaking of the fourth wall never hurt anyone. ;)

So how is your writing going? Is it flowing or are you hung up on stuff? Tell me in the comments or on Facebook or Twitter.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment