Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What's Up Wednesday #2

As an interesting side note: This is my 50th post on this blog. So that's kind of cool. My first post was back in June 2010. Two and a half years and the most I've done is finish the first draft of one manuscript. Didn't even finish editing it because the whole thing was just wrong.

BUT, on to happy writing stuff!

So this last week was a little slow with the writing. In total I only added about 1000 words. But I'm on the edge of a very important and, possibly, hard part. The MC is about to meet her first alien in person. I'm pretty sure these aliens are going to come off flat and cardboard at first and I'll have to work hard to make them real, but at this point, I just want to get the scene down on paper. That's what the first draft is all about.

Anyway, I plan on writing a lot this week and hope to have lots of time this weekend, but we'll see. Life has a bad habit of getting in the way of all the fun stuff I want to do.

So, how's your writing going? Starting any new projects now that's it's spring? Share with me!

Have a Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment