Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What's Up Wednesday #3



This has been a much better writing week than last week. I've started getting up at 5 AM to write. The kids don't normally get up until sometime between 6 and 7 so I, generally, get a solid hour to write. That didn't happen today. William got up at 5:30 and has been watching Sesame Street. Elmo is not conducive to Moon Dragons. So I've been writing blog post instead.

So my total word count this week is 3313. I did a little over 1700 words yesterday alone. And I've noticed I don't write much, if at all, on the weekends. Part of it is because of that Chuck Wendig blog I mentioned. His plan has you taking the weekends off, only writing 5 days a week. But that will change this weekend. I'm going to start going to the library again on Saturday mornings. Two hours of childless writing sounds like Heaven.

Anyway, I'm half way through the first meeting between the Humans and the Aliens. I'm really playing this scene by ear. I've already covered some of the major points and now I'm just playing with the characters. I'm sure a lot of it will be cut later, but it's a good way to get to know my Alien MCs.

I forgot to do this last week, but here's some lines I've written recently.


“I make you nervous, don’t I?”

[Sonya] blushed. “I’m sure you have that effect on most people, sir.”
            
Commander Turner grimaced. “True. But I don’t want you to be afraid of me. I have a feeling we’ll be working together a lot in the near future. Plus, you’re my daughter’s best friend, I want you to be comfortable around me.”
            
“I’ll try sir,” she said with a smile.

And that's all folks! Have a Happy Wednesday and go write something!

No comments:

Post a Comment