Monday, November 28, 2011

NaNoWriMo Fail

So as of right now I have 12,498 words on my NaNo.  There is no possible way for me to get 37,502 in the next two and a half days.

BUT, I am still determined to finish this project and for it to be at least 50,000 words.  I think I've mentioned this before, but I can do at least 1200 words in a day (that's my new daily minimum, I have to write 1200 words, No Matter What!)  So, when you do the math... *goes and does the math*  I can get this thing to at least 50k words in about 31 days.

Can I turn December into my own NaNoWriMo?  I guess so.  My inability to get 50k this month had nothing to do with the month it self, it had to do with being sick for a lot of it.  And while December can be a pretty busy month, what with church Christmas parties and visiting family for Christmas and such, it's no different than November.

Now, time to set my deadline!  *does some more math and calender looking*  I will have the first draft of Dragons in Space (worst working title ever) done by January 3, 2012.  Just a side note, it's totally possible I can get it done by the end of Dec., but having a few extra days is helpful.


So, overall, NaNoWriMo was okay this year.  I had a good story and I had done a fair amount of research and work before hand, so that made it easier.  It's just very hard to write when you're too busy puking.


Congrats to all of those who won!  And to those of you like me, be proud of the work and words you did get and if you still like your story, continue working on it.


Thanks to all of you who kept up with me on this blog. :)  I'll continue to update this one but I can't promise any kind of consistency.  So go meet me back at Kricket's Konfessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment