Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WUW: Stalled

It's like my brain shut down on Saturday and has refused to do much of anything, including writing, since.

I think it's this next scene. I just don't feel like writing it. That or I'm just at a loss for words. It's a romantic scene and I'm not very experienced with those. I also feel like I have limited real life experience for this. I pretty much married my first boyfriend and things were pretty boring and typical in our relationship.

I want to have this scene in the story, I think it fits and will do a lot to develop characters. I've got it all planned out, it's just the words are lacking. I might be putting too much pressure on my self. Trying to think of the perfect way to write it because this feels like an important scene to me. Plus, I'm terrified it will be boring.

In theory, I could just skip the scene and come back to it later, but it would just nag at me in the back of my head and drive me to distraction. At this point, I think it's important for me to go in order so that I can keep up with the flow of the story.



I just need to get over my self, really, that's what this all comes down too. But it's so hard! I can remind my self over and over again that it doesn't matter how awful it is now, I can just fix it later, but that's not helping. As I've been going over some past scenes I've been surprised that they aren't as terrible as I was afraid they'd be, so you'd think that would comfort me right now, but it's not.

*sigh* Oh well, I'll just plug along and keep on keeping on. I'll take all the advice I've given others, in all my infinite wisdom (snort), and apply it to my self like a good little writer and JUST KEEP WRITING.

No comments:

Post a Comment