Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WUW: Where the Real Writing Begins



This week I have begun working on my Official Real First Draft. The only difference between this and what I've written before is that I have the complete story all planned out. No big missing spaces filled with "SOMETHING HAPPENS HERE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT YET". It's a good feeling.

Also, I now get to focus more on the words since I have the story all figured out. Of course, I still stare at the screen blankly a lot because in stead of thinking "What happens now?" I'm thinking, "What's the best way to describe this?"

So my word count out put has been a little bit low. Only 4082 for the past week. But I did get my first scene/chapter done. Opening chapters are the hardest. You have to make sure you're capturing your reader and making them excited for the story ahead as well as giving them all the information they need in a not boring or info dumping manner. It's a lot to think about.

What do you find hard to write, openings, endings, or something in between? Leave a comment!

Thanks for reading and have a Wednesday full of Writing Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment