Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back to School and Research

You know, sort of. :) For those of you that have the privilege of knowing me in person, you know that me and school really don't get along. The structure that makes up high school and college did not work for me. It was mostly because of the homework. I hated doing homework, it wasn't fun. There was a whole pile of books I could read instead of doing my homework.

Anyway, I've gotten really lucky and I found an independent study course based on the Writing Great Fiction series. I got a great deal for it. (Should have cost me $560 but I got it for $119) So all the material came in today and I'm super excited. I've been wanting to take some kind of creative writing class for a long time but was unwilling to go back to school and online courses were really expensive. So I'll be working on this for a while.

In other news, I'm currently in a researching stage on my WIP. As I wrote this first (sort of) draft I had an on going list of things and facts I needed to do more research on and now I'm working on that. Research is a fun and not so fun process. You spend a lot of time shifting through a lot of information that you really don't need. It's time consuming, but it's worth it. But I have to say that it feels weird to not actually write right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment