Friday, November 9, 2012

WIP Mini Blog Hop

Got tagged for this by KitCat. :)

The Rules:

  • Give credit to the person/blog who tagged you.
  • Post these rules.
  • Answer the questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress).
  • Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.

The Questions:

#1. What is the working title of your book?

Dragons in Space. I suck at titles.


#2. What genre does the book fall under?

Fantasy/Space Opera mash up.


#3. Which actors would you choose to play your characters for the movie rendition?

For Sonya: Natalie Portman

For Tal: Uma Thurman

For Alvin: Taylor Lautner

For Jelani: Usher


#4. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

Sonya Lee, a Moon Dragon Rider, takes a group of soldiers and researches to the planet of Chung-sea to investigate an alien outpost where they discover that there is life beyond their solar system and where Sonya begins to unlock the secrets of their new alien neighbors.


#5. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Hopefully, I'll get an agent and be published by one of the Big Five. Nothing wrong with self-publishing, but that would be my last option. Too much work for me. I'd rather be writing.


#6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Well, the first draft isn't done yet. I started it a year ago for last year's NaNoWriMo. Then I worked on another project for a while and had a baby, so it's taken some time to get back to Dragons. I do plan on having the first draft done by the middle of next year, at the latest. :)


#7. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

The only one I can think of is the Pern series by Anne McCaffrey. If anyone knows of other Fantasy/Sci-Fi mash ups with or with out dragons, I'd love to hear about them.


#8. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Well, my husband always inspires me and encourages me to write. But for this particular story I just got this image in my head of a woman riding on a dragon and looking down at a planet from space. And my brain went, "Oh hell yeah!"


#9. What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?

Well, there are aliens, and space ships, and space battles, and a love story, and political intrigue, and fun characters. Oh yeah, and DRAGONS IN FREAKING SPACE! :D


#10. Tag You're It!

Um.... All the people I know who write and have a blog have already been tagged..... So I open this to everyone. Steal this and pass it on! And then come tell me about it and I'll add your blog link here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment