Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Writer's A.D.D.

I'm sure many writers have this problem. Jumping from one project to another. Or at least, saying you're working on one thing but then you change your mind within a month and work on something else. I normally would say that I'm not this jumpy, but it seems that way lately doesn't it?

So I know I said a couple post back that I was going to start working on a more traditional fantasy White Crow story. Well I lied, I'm not going to work on that. I think my mind is burnt out on White Crow right now. Because even when I tried to think about it, my mind would just drift back to the piece I started last November for NaNoWriMo, Dragons in Space (terrible working title).

I love dragons, always have, always will.

So, now that I've moved (see my regular blog for pics soon) I'm ready to get back to writing. I spent most of yesterday looking over what I wrote back in November. And after kicking my self and wanting to cry for how terrible the writing was, I realized I had a good start and I could still work with this.

Starting today I'm going to start from the beginning and rewrite what I have so far and then go from there. I'm hoping I can get this first draft done by November so that I'll be free to do NaNoWriMo this year. But if that doesn't happen, that's okay. I will definitely have this first draft done by the end of the year.

Hm... There goes the whole, submit to agents this year goal I had. *shrug* Oh well, I'll be ready next year. :)

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. I think working on other projects can sometimes help, especially if you fall into a writing slump. I steadily worked on one project only for over a year, and I was to the point where I hated my entire novel. I took a step away from it and started something new, and that seemed to help jumpstart my writing again. I can completely relate though about writer's ADD. Even while focused on the one project, my mind was always dreaming up new ideas. Starting a new project is like buying a new toy! :)

    ReplyDelete