Friday, July 1, 2011

Deadline Approaching

So I set the deadline to have the complete first draft done by July 9th and I'm happy to report that I will meet it. :)

Also I wanted to share a picture of my cork board filled with neon colored index cards of awesomeness.


Yep, there's my master piece. I've heard about this idea of mapping out your story on index cards before but I really like how Write Great Fiction: Plot & Structure by James Scott Bell explained it. So I tried it out and that's what I got. The different colors are different characters. It makes me happy to look at it while I'm working.

So I only have 6 more scenes to write out of 49, that's 87% complete. :D Plus, yesterday, I got a pretty good idea on a second book. I didn't think this would turn into a series, but this idea is too good to pass up.

So that's all folks! Thanks for reading, love you all!

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you're meeting your deadline. I've been working towards mine, the problem is that my story twisted itself some time ago and I had to restructure it from the beginning. The good thing is that it's a better story now than before.
    Good luck to you and keep up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as it keeps getting better. :D

    ReplyDelete