Friday, July 2, 2010

Picking It Back Up

So this morning I picked up my NaNoWriMo project from this last year. The working title is Avalon. It's a YA fantasy novel (maybe urban fantasy?). It kind of started out as a "what if" type thing. "What if all the mythological creatures in the world are real and if so, where did they go?"

I've started and stopped this story a few times now. And last October I outlined a bunch of the story and I've been trying to pick it back up again ever since Will was born.

I even started a whole different story, but I've put that on a back burner for now because there's a lot of research involved that I just am not ready to do.

Anyway, I found the current draft I'm on for Avalon and I finished chapter five. I wrote 1233 words this morning! Go me! I think I average about 1200 words/hour.

My goal is to finish the first rough draft by the end of the year. I'm pretty sure I can do it faster than that, but I don't want to stress my self too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment